Below you can find a list with all the current Latin American countries and their capitals (2023).
I hope you find the information interesting.
2. LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRIES AND THEIR CAPITALS (2023)
- Argentina: Buenos Aires
- Bolivia: Sucren1
- Brazil: Brasilia
- Chile: Santiago de Chile
- Colombia: Bogotá
- Costa Rica: San José
- Cuba: Havana
- Ecuador: Quito
- El Salvador: San Salvador
- Guatemala: Guatemala City
- Haiti: Port-au-Prince
- Honduras: Tegucigalpa
- Mexico: Mexico City
- Nicaragua: Managua
- Panama: Panama City
- Paraguay: Asunción
- Perú: Lima
- Dominican Republic: Santo Domingo
- Uruguay: Montevideo
- Venezuela: Caracas
3. MAP WITH THE LOCATION OF THE LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRIES
4. NOTES AND CLARIFICATIONS
- The capital of Bolivia is Sucre according to the constitution of the own country. More information [HERE]
- The term “Latin America” is defined by the Royal Spanish Academy as the set of American countries in which the majority of the languages spoken come from Latin (specifically Spanish, Portuguese and French) or as the set of countries of America that were colonized by Latin nations (Spain, Portugal and France).r1, r2 and r3.
- Puerto Rico (US) and French Guiana (France) are not sovereign countries.
- Royal Spanish Academy – Diccionario panhispánico de dudas (2023). Latinoamérica. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- Royal Spanish Academy – Diccionario de la lengua española (2023). Latinoamericano. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- Saberespractico.com (2023). Países de América Latina. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- Heraldry (2009). Orthographic projection of Latin America. Original map avaliable [HERE].
Really Helpful. Thanks
this saved me in history class
Thanks Mike. 🙂
Panama capital is Panama City not just Panama
Also Bolivia has 2 capitals la Paz and sucre
1) About Panama, you’re right.
2) About Bolivia, according to their own constitution (article 6. I.), the only capital is Sucre.
i really needed this for social studies
Happy to read that Keilany. 🙂
LOVE IT HELPED ME SO MUCH WITH LATIN GEOGRAPHY
Thank you for the comment Diego! 💙