I hope you find the information useful.
2. LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRIES (20)
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
3. MAP WITH THE LOCATION OF THE LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRIES
4. NOTES AND CLARIFICATIONS
- The term “Latin America” is defined by the Royal Spanish Academy as the set of American countries in which the majority of the languages spoken come from Latin (specifically Spanish, Portuguese and French) or as the set of countries of America that were colonized by Latin nations (Spain, Portugal and France).1, 2 and 3.
- Puerto Rico (US) and French Guiana (France) are not sovereign countries.
- Royal Spanish Academy – Diccionario panhispánico de dudas (2023). Latinoamérica. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- Royal Spanish Academy – Diccionario de la lengua española (2023). Latinoamericano. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- Saberespractico.com (2023). Países de América Latina. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- Heraldry (2009). Orthographic projection of Latin America. Original map avaliable [HERE].