#Question: How many countries are there in Asia?
I hope you find the information interesting.
2. COUNTRIES OF ASIA (48)
- Armenia (*)
- Azerbaijan (*)
- Cyprus (*)
- East Timor
- Georgia (*)
- Kazakhstan (*)
- North Korea
- Russia (*)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Turkey (*)
- United Arab Emirates
(*) Those countries with an asterisk are geographically or politically Eurasian countries. More information [HERE].
3. MAP WITH THE LOCATION OF THE COUNTRIES IN ASIA
4. NOTES AND CLARIFICATIONS.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia: geographically they are Eurasian countries (located in the Caucasus, imaginary limit between Europe and Asia).
- Cyprus: geographically, it is an Asian country2 and 3; politically it can be considered an European country (it is a member state of the European Union¹),
- Kazakhstan: Politically, it is usually considered an Asian country2 and 3; geographically it is a Eurasian country (the majority of the country is located in Asia except for the western part located west of the Ural River).
- Russia: politically it has influence both in Europe and in Asia (the European Union considers it a European country¹, the RSA considers it Eurasian3); geographically it has 60% of its territory in Asia.
- Turkey: geographically the majority of the country is located in Asia with the exception of the East Thrace region; politically it can be considered an European country (it is a candidate member to join the European Union¹)
- European Union (2023). Member States, candidates and other European countries. Available [HERE].
- United Nations (2023). Geographic regions. Available [HERE].
- Royal Spanish Academy (2010). The Orthography of the Spanish Language. Pages 721-728. Document not available online.
- Saberespractico.com (2023). Países y capitales de Asia. Text in Spanish. Avaliable [HERE].
- D-maps.com (2019). Map with the location of all the countries in Asia. Avaliable [HERE].