Today I’m gonna show you how to create a Ripple (XRP) cold/paper wallet in less than a minute!
Hope it helps! 🙂
2. HOW TO CREATE A RIPPLE (XRP) COLD/PAPER WALLET
- Access the Minimalist Ripple Client avaliable [HERE]. (*) You can read all the documentation [HERE].
- Go offline.
- Once offline, click «Generate identity» (the address that stars with an «r» will be your XRP address).
- Click now on «Show/hide secret» to generate a secret passwork that it will give you access to your account.
- SAVE both your public and private key in a safe place (write them down on paper, move them to a safe pen-drive, copy/paste in a .word document protected with a password or do all of them to make sure you will be able to have access to your XRP in the future).
- Make a deposit of at least 20 XRP in your public address (the one that starts with «r») in order to activate your wallet. (*) Destination tag is not required to send XRP to your cold wallet.
- Don’t get too excited when you see a huge ammount of XRP in your account, they are shown in drops! (your XRP + six zeros).
- All DONE! You already have a place to keep your XRP out of the exchanges!
3. HOW TO SEND XRP FROM THE MINIMALIST RIPPLE CLIENT
- Go online.
- Write your secret key/password in «Show/hide secret».
- Click on «Set identity».
- Connect to the Ripple network cliking on «Connect to Ripple».
- Introduce the ammount that you want to send in «Send payment» (just the normal ammount, without the six zeros).
- Click on: «direct xrp→xrp».
- Write the destination XRP adress on «Destination».
- Include the destination tag clicking on «Use optional fields» («Destination tag»).
- Click «Send» and DONE! In less than a minute you will have your XRP in the destination address! 😎
- Your account won’t be activated until you make a 20 XRP deposit (transfer 25-30 XRP to make sure in case your exchange charge you a big fee and also that way you can try the withdrawals later).
- Those 20 XRP are used to validate your account in the Ripple network (to avoid massive scam/fake accounts) and you won’t be able to withdraw them (if you send 25 XRP, you will be able to withdraw just 5). PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND if you don’t have that many XRP! Maybe in the future, when the value of the coin goes up (if it does), the company will lower this limit, but for now it is 20 XRP.
- Read the wallet documentation carefully and for any tecnical questions you can contact the developer (Jatchili) in his GitHub profile [HERE].
5. WAS THE INFORMATION USEFUL?… YOU CAN TRY YOUR NEW WALLET MAKING A SMALL CRIPTODONATION 😉
- Ripple (XRP) | Adress: rPVMhWBsfF9iMXYj3aAzJVkPDTFNSyWdKy | Tag: 131716427
- GitHub.com (2018). J/minimalist-ripple-client. Avaliable [HERE].