Here is a list of the main causes of death in the world according to the most recent data from the World Health Organization (published in 2020; consulted in 2023).
I hope you find it useful.
2. MAIN CAUSES OF DEATH IN THE WORLD (updated to 2023)
- Ischemic heart disease
- Obstructive lung disease
- Lower respiratory infections
- Neonatal conditions (birth, asphyxia, birth trauma, preterm labor)
- Trachea, bronchus and lung cancers
- Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
- Diarrheal diseases
- Kidney diseases
3. NOTES AND CLARIFICATIONS
- These 10 causes account for more than 55% of all global deaths.
4. MORE INFORMATION AND REFERENCES
- Who.int – Official page of the World Health Organization (2023). The top 10 causes of death. Link available in the introductory section.