I hope you find it useful.
2. EURASIAN COUNTRIES (2023)
3. WHY ARE THEY EURASIAN?
- Russia: politically it has influence in both Europe and Asia (the European Union considers it a European country²; the RAE considers it Eurasian4); Geographically it has ∼25% of its territory in Europe6.
- Kazakhstan: politically it is usually considered an Asian country3 & 4; Geographically it is a Eurasian country (most of the country is located in Asia except for the western part of the country located west of the Ural River).
- Turkey: politically it can be considered a European country (it is a candidate member of the European Union²); Geographically the majority of the country is located in Asia except for the Eastern Thrace region.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia: politically they can be considered European countries (they belong to the Council of Europe¹ and the European Union considers them European countries²); Geographically they are Eurasian countries (located in the Caucasus, the imaginary border between Europe and Asia).
- Cyprus: politically it is a European country (it is a member state of the European Union²); Geographically it is an Asian country3 and 4.
- Council of Europe (2023). State members. Available [HERE].
- European Union (2023). State members, candidates and other european countries. Available [HERE].
- United Nations (2023). Geographical regions. Available [HERE].
- Royal Spanish Academy (2010). Ortografía de la lengua española. Páginas 721-728. Text in Spanish. Not available online.
- Canuckguy (2006). Political world blank map. Retrieved from Wikimedia Commons. Available [HERE].
- Wikipedia.org (2023). Rusia Europea. Text in Spanish. Available [HERE].