Below you can find an updated list with all the countries that have officially changed their names in the XXI century.
Hope it’s useful.
2. COUNTRIES THAT HAS OFFICIALLY CHANGED THEIR NAMES DURING THE XXI CENTURY
- Czech Republic to Czechia (2016).
- Swaziland to Eswatini (2018).
- Macedonia to North Macedonia (2019).
- India to Bharat? (2023).
3. MORE INFORMATION AND REFERENCES
- Mzv.cz (2016) – Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Cepublic. The government has approved the addition of one-word Czech name in foreign languages to UN databases. Available [HERE].
- Bbc.com (2018). Swaziland king renames country ‘the Kingdom of eSwatini‘. Available [HERE].
- Reuters.com (2019). Macedonia parliament agrees to change country’s name. Available [HERE].
- Main reasons why India could rename to Bharat (2023).